How do I cook mackerel?
January 19, 2016
Mackerel Baked in Foil
- 2 whole mackerel
- 1 lemon
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp cider or apple juice
- boiled potatoes
- roughly chopped parsley, to serve
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions - Serves 2
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Put each fish on a large square of tin foil on a baking sheet. Season the fish inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Slice the lemon, then cut each slice in half. Tuck the lemon slices inside each fish with a couple of rosemary sprigs and a few garlic slices.
- Scatter over the onion and pour 2 tbsp of cider or apple juice over each fish.
- Wrap thin foil or baking paper loosely around each fish to make a parcel, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve with boiled potatoes sprinkled with parsley.
This recipe was found at: https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1085025